The provisions of this Treaty other than those referred to in paragraph (1) shall not be construed to prevent any Contracting Party from taking any measure which it considers necessary:
- (a) for the protection of its essential security interests including those
- (i) relating to the supply of Energy Materials and Products to a military establishment; or
- (ii) taken in time of war, armed conflict or other emergency in international relations;
- (b) relating to the implementation of national policies respecting the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices or needed to fulfil its obligations under the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, the Nuclear Suppliers Guidelines, and other international nuclear non-proliferation obligations or understandings; or
- (c) for the maintenance of public order.
Such measure shall not constitute a disguised restriction on Transit.