(in accordance with Article 5(4))
1) Each Contracting Party shall notify to the Secretariat all trade-related investment measures which it applies that are not in conformity with the provisions of Article 5, within
Such trade-related investment measures of general or specific application shall be notified along with their principal features.
2) In the case of trade-related investment measures applied under discretionary authority, each specific application shall be notified. Information that would prejudice the legitimate commercial interests of particular enterprises need not be disclosed.
3) Each Contracting Party shall eliminate all trade-related investment measures which are notified under paragraph (1) within:
4) During the applicable period referred to in paragraph (3) a Contracting Party shall not modify the terms of any trade-related investment measure which it notifies under paragraph (1) from those prevailing at the date of entry into force of this Treaty so as to increase the degree of inconsistency with the provisions of Article 5 of this Treaty.
5) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (4), a Contracting Party, in order not to disadvantage established enterprises which are subject to a trade-related investment measure notified under paragraph (1), may apply during the phase-out period the same trade-related investment measure to a new Investment where:
Any trade-related investment measure so applied to a new Investment shall be notified to the Secretariat. The terms of such a trade-related investment measure shall be equivalent in their competitive effect to those applicable to the established enterprises, and it shall be terminated at the same time.
6) Where a state or Regional Economic Integration Organisation accedes to this Treaty after the Treaty has entered into force:
* Editor's note: modification based on Article 2 of the Amendment to the Trade-Related Provisions of the Energy Charter Treaty.