Unanimity of the Contracting Parties Present and Voting at the meeting of the Charter Conference where such matters fall to be decided shall be required for decisions by the Charter Conference to:
- (a) adopt amendments to this Treaty other than amendments to Articles 34 and 35 and Annex T;
- (b) approve accessions to this Treaty under Article 41 by states or Regional Economic Integration Organisations which were not signatories to the Charter as of 16 June 1995;
- (c) authorise the negotiation of and approve or adopt the text of association agreements;
- (d) approve modifications to Annexes EM, NI, W and B;
- (e) approve technical changes to the Annexes to this Treaty; and
- (f) approve the Secretary General’s nominations of panelists under Annex D, paragraph (7).
- (g) approve the addition of items to Annex EM II from Annex EM I with the corresponding deletion of those items from Annex EM I and approve the addition of items to Annex EQ II from Annex EQ I with the corresponding deletion of those items from Annex EQ I.
The Contracting Parties shall make every effort to reach agreement by consensus on any other matter requiring their decision under this Treaty. If agreement cannot be reached by consensus, paragraphs (2) to (5) shall apply.