AES Corporation and Tau Power B.V. v. Kazakhstan, ICSID Case No. ARB/10/16


  • >Subject matter of the dispute: Series of actions including fines and tariff restrictions imposed to claimants by Kazakh competition authorities concerning energy prices that allegedly had adverse financial impacts on the company’s operations in the country
  • >BIT invoked: Kazakhstan - USA BIT
  • >Amount claimed:Not specified
  • >Amount awarded: ZERO (investor's claim partly upheld but no damages awarded) 
  • >Costs of arbitration: 855,109.23 USD
  • >Award legal costs: Each party bears its own costs
  • >Award costs of arbitration: The costs of the proceeding shall be borne to 67% by Claimants, i.e. 572,923.18 USD , and Respondent shall bear the other 33%, i.e. 282,186.04 USD

 

ARBITRAL DECISION

 

1 November 2013 

Arbitral Award 

 


Back